Friday, April 09, 2010

National Day of Prayer Uses My Verse

A lot of people I know are discussing the National Day of Prayer.  Apparently Pres. Obama decided last year to issue a proclamation for the National Day of Prayer, rather than having a ceremony in the White House.  The National Day of Prayer was given a fixed date on the first Thursday of May during Pres. Reagan's tenure (1988), but the concept of a national prayer day was established by legislation signed by Harry Truman in 1952.  Last year's proclamation calls on Americans to pray for their country.  The interesting part to me is that the verse on their website for this year's event is the same as my verse for the year -- Nahum 1:7: -- "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble."  They also include part of the verse that I left out -- "He cares for those who trust in Him."

No comments: