Sunday, June 27, 2010

World Cup 2010

I've been watching the World Cup the past couple of weeks, and I have to say I'm a little disappointed in the U.S.'s loss to Ghana in the Round of 16 -- I thought team USA would do better against the African team, and they had their chances to score, but they were fighting from behind for almost the entire game, and I think the strain of pressing for so long was too much to overcome at the end.  The U.S. had a great goal at the end of the game against Algeria, but in the end it wasn't all that great of a tournament for the U.S. team.  I was hoping for a deep run into the quarterfinals or semifinals, but it wasn't to be.  I 'm still interested in the soccer matches, and will probably have to root for Argentina to beat Brazil, but that's not the most interesting match-up I can imagine in the finals.  I'd love to see the U.S. reach its potential in soccer, but I'm not sure we're there yet.

No comments: