Sunday, January 01, 2017

Word for 2017: life

Life happens. I'm sick. I have faith that I will recover. Hopefully it's just a cold. Someone once reminded me that every healing is a gift of God. Every time we get sick, we could continue to get sicker until we die. So thank God for healing, even if it's just a cold.

New Year's Day has brought a word to me for each of the past years, except 2016. Maybe that's why 2016 has turned out to be so crappy (just kidding). So for 2017, I'm using the word life as in life abundant, more than survival, as my focus for the new year.

The verse that goes with this thought is Psalm 143:8 -- Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life.

I want to trust God with my life. I have quit my job in order to go in a new direction with my career, and I'm trusting God to show me the way I should go. But beyond that, I want to see life come back to me, whether it's rest and time with family and friends or seeing Nathan develop. I need to feel life abundant in my life.

Past years:

2015-give
2014-love
2013-prayer
2012-simple
2011-wisdom
2010-refuge

No comments: